3.20.2011

NOT JUST SOMETHING TO SIT ON...

I'm not sure what it is about objects, ideas, and art categorized as "creepy" that draw me in like bees on honey. Maybe it's the inevitable questions and confusing stares or, most likely, the understanding chuckles and "that's fucking rad" comments from like-minded friends.
Not too long ago a friend decided to have a small art show gathering at her home and deemed it the "Nightmare" show. It was the perfect theme to work with right before Christmas. The idea was to create a piece inspired by your childhood nightmares. As a kid I hated to sleep just because I liked being awake reorganizing my stuffed animals and knick-knacks or re-painting my room at 3 a.m. Utilizing a little fake blood, halloween masks, and a couple special effects tongues I created "Insomnia".

"Insomnia" Pamela Jewell 2010
"Insomnia" Pamela Jewell 2010


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: