3.20.2011

NOT JUST SOMETHING TO SIT ON...

One of the most exciting opportunities I've pounced on was being able to join my immensely talented friends in the group art shows at R&R Gallery in Downtown LA. So far I have contributed for 3 of the shows including: "Mr. Bill Murray" a tribute to Bill Murray, "Jesus is Coming" art created in his image, and "Cowboys and Indians" cool your heels.
I would never claim to be skilled in painting, drawing, sculpture, etc. So I contributed pieces based on what I do best. Chairs. If you ask my boyfriend he'll be the first to tell you that my obsession with chairs is mildly unhealthy; I just can't help myself. A crumbling, abused, and decaying chair turned into art can only be described as a "revival". I'm grateful for the challenge each of these pieces created and happily welcome the excuse to find yet another chair to get my hands on.

"MR. BILL MURRAY"
SUNTORY TIME
 Inspired by "Lost in Translation"





"JESUS IS COMING"
ECCE HOMO



"COWBOYS AND INDIANS"
FADE INTO WHITE




 All of the pieces shown at R&R Gallery can be viewed at:
And if you like what you see go ahead and click the little button that reads "buy".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: