6.19.2010

WHO SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE?

Just when I thought we were running out of innovative building materials I was pleasently suprised to catch a glimpse of this...
Photobucket
In late 2009 James May completed the first ever house made entirely of Legos, 3.3 million to be exact, including sleeping quarters, running water for the kitchen and a bath.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The 20ft Lego house stood in Ducking, Surrey on the Denbies Wine Estates. Unfortunately, after putting the house on the market as a "if you can haul you can have" listing, there were no takers and the house was torn down.
Intrigued by James May's innovative thinking I was curious to find if he had fellow Lego enthusiasts.
Photobucket
Turns out, the answer is Yes! Designers and DiYers across the globe are creating everyday products made strictly from children's favorite brick.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I even found an exact replicate of Frank Lloyd Wright's "Falling Water". Definitely a step up from the Lego towns my sisters and I used to dream up and create every year as kids. Sorry ladies, maybe next year!
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: